Monday 4 February 2013

Liebster Award



I am so excited to say that I've been nominated by Shona from Shushkat for a Liebster Award! This is an award for new bloggers with less than 200 followers (I'll be so excited when I get to 20) to help raise interest in their blogs and help them connect with other bloggers too. 

First, my apologies to Shona for me being very naughty and being very delayed in getting this post written up and posted. I really wanted to give it the time and energy I felt it deserved and is by no means a reflection on how I feel about having to write it.

How it works:
  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves
  • Answer the questions that the nominator set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people that you've nominated to answer
  • Nominate other people and link them to your post
  • Go to their page and tell them
  • No tag backs!
11 Random Facts About Me...
  1. Despite knowing it is good for me, I never ever drink enough water (and my skin suffers for it)
  2. I have broken 2 bones in my life
  3. I 100% prefer summer over winter
  4.  I hate rain
  5.  My favourite food is sausages
  6.  I love love love playing netball
  7.  I am addicted to diet coke and am trying to cut it out!
  8.  I no longer have an appendix
  9.  My blood type is A+
  10.  Green is my favourite colour
  11.  My taste in TV leaves little to be desired...TOWIE anyone?
The questions that Shona has asked me to answer... 
  • What is your biggest goal for 2013? 
 I have written a post about my goals for 2013. They are also written in my journal and I read them regularly to remind myself of what I am working towards this year. It's difficult to know which would be my biggest goal for 2013, but I would be extremely proud of myself if I could continue with this blog, and maintain it for the whole year.
  • What are you proudest of in your life?
This might seem a little bit 'soft' but I am definitely most proud of the relationship that my husband and I have been able to maintain over the last 10 years. We met at school, and have made it through separate schools, universities, travel and climbing the career ladders. We are closing in on our 2 year anniversary and I continue to be increasingly proud of being his wife.
  • Do you have a nickname? And how did you get it??
 At university I had the nickname 'D-Dog'. Mainly because my maiden name was Dinsdale, and I was often sick as a dog after a night out with the netball girls. 
  • What is the most played song on your ipod?
Oh god! I now have to admit that despite having an iPod, iPad and iPhone I don't have any music on them!!! I tend to listen to the radio, and consider the play list in our house to be my husbands domain. Sorry.
  • What 3 words best describe you?
Not quite there...
  • What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten?
Whilst I am adventurous when it comes to food, I don't think I've eaten anything unusual, yet.
  • What is your favourite quote?
"Take a method. Try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another, But above all, try something."
  • If you could choose an age to stay forever, what age would that be?
19. At university and loving every minute of it. Totally optimistic about life and excited about what it would bring. Full of hope and ambition! 7 years on, it can sometimes be difficult to hold on to this feeling. 
  • Tell me something that you've learned in the last week
I have learned to crochet (post coming soon), badly, but I have learnt none the less. Another step on my way to realising those goals I have set myself.
  • If you could have one superpower what would it be?
To fly. It would make travelling between Bristol and family so much easier, and I would get to travel so much more. 
  •  Do you believe in ghosts?
No I don't.

The questions I'd like my nominees to answer?... 
  • Marmite. Love or hate?
  • Sweet or savoury?
  • What would you buy first if you won the lottery?
  • Are you the big spoon or little spoon?
  • What are the 3 beauty items you couldn't live without?
  • What is your dream job?
  • Why did you start blogging?
  •  What is your favourite childhood television program?
  • What is your worst habit?
  • Beach, country or city?
  • Pyjamas and slippers, or dress and high heels?
 And last but not least, these are the bloggers that I'm going to tag.... (in no particular order of course!)


Hannah Marie from Hannah Marie Beauty Blog
Carly from Life from the Tub 
Kerry from Running In Heels
Katrina from just a norwich girl
Zoe from The Little World of Zo
Sadia from Stylinspire
Rachel from Lost In Lipstick
Latasha from Le Powder Room
Katie from Oh To Feel Pretty
Hazzie from A Quiet Journal
Louise from Laddered Tights
 
Please link your Liebster post back to my comments so that I make sure to have a look!
I hope you can take a minute to check out these guys' blogs (and don't forget Shona's too) and follow them if they're your kind of thing. 


Thanks again Shona for nominating me!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! :D
    I posted mine here: http://ohtofeelpretty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete