Sunday 17 March 2013

Griefing


The last few weeks has been very sad, and as a result this online space, and keeping up to date with all of the other blogs that I read has taken a necessary back seat. 

Grief - weheartit
My otherwise healthy Grandmother was taken ill very suddenly, and as a result sadly passed away very quickly. It was a total shock to me, and to the rest of my family. Our lovely kind and gentle Grandmother who doted on every little thing that we did, has gone and there is just a massive hole in all of our lives. 

I have lost a grandparent before, but they were very ill for a very long time, and for some reason it feels very different. I have also lost other family members, but when you are younger, it doesn't quite have the same effect. I feel that this is the first time I have ever felt proper grief and it really is like a huge black hole, that at the moment is not getting any smaller. 

Little things remind you of that amazing person, and at the moment seeing the Spring flowers flourish reminds me of her every day. She loved her garden, and she loved Spring and Summer as much as I do. I am trying to focus on happy memories and I feel blessed that I was lucky enough to have her in my life.

The constant gardener - weheartit

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself right now x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your loss. x

    ReplyDelete